Wednesday 21 December 2011

Life of an Overeater- Im not fat im overgrown

22/12/11
Ive often wondered if the reason us larger ladies weigh more is because we need to have thicker skin, after all skin weighs a fair bit to start with. Yesterday I was a little upset and my eldest son George came over to give me a hug, he didnt ask why i was upset but presumed it had something to do with the fact that i was the only one not eating sponge pudding and custard (just for the record it wasnt lol). As he had his arms around me he said in only the way kids can 'dont worry mum your not fat your just overgrown' this produced more tears but this time from laughter. I mean i cant be cross with the fact my son as just called me fat in the nicest possible way he is only a kid and to him what he said wasnt hurtful at all. Out the mouths of babes as they say! But sometimes adults can be just as bad, i mean i dont get it, if someone as just had their leg amputated you dont say to them 'you looked better with 2 legs' but since my weight loss and then subsequent weight gain people seem to think im fair game. Classic example number one, 'it's ok that your fat cause you have a pretty face' believe me that was actually said to me! i mean im relieved to hear that i have a pretty face but why bring my weight into it at all? 'Have you thought about getting your jaw wired out of your birthday money?' this one i actually laughed with shock! I mean being fat doesnt make me a bad person does it? im not a murderer or a nasty piece of work, i can do this the hard way i have done before so i know i can, again another presumption that all overgrown people just sit stuffing their face all day and a few staples in the right place will be the magic cure. 'its such a shame that youve put on all that weight after all your hard work (shake of head) such a shame' this one upset me for weeks and made me feel like everyone was looking at me thinking the same, yes i am gutted i couldnt keep the weight off but in the grand scheme of things it isnt a shame, a shame is a poorly child missing christmas day, a lost loved one, soldiers fighting the other side of the world apart from their families. There are so many worse things than weight gain, so come on give us a break send your sympathies and sarcastic comments somewhere else or next time i might just decide that i am extra hungry and bite off your head.......xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment