Saturday 31 December 2011

Life of an Overeater- the con's of being fat

31/12/11
So I feel i need to balance things out slightly, after yesterdays pro's of being fat, so here's the con's, sorry guys it had to be done!
Generally as a rule us 'overgrowners' can do anything we want, we are not all confined to a bed waiting for the wall to be taken down so we can go outside, shock horror we actually lead pretty normal lifes. But even i have to admit that there are a few downsides to being fat, the one that bugs me the most is clothes! Now this is a minefield all in itself, first of all you have the size problem, you know you go into one shop and your a size 16 you go into another and cant even get the size 20 past your big toe. It is so disheartening to feel fairly good one minute and then like a heiffer the next, i really wish that shops would make a standardized size, its like that pain pleasure senario. Wow i fit into a size 16 i must have lost some weight, maybe i will treat myself tonight to a little bar or two........Then trundle next door and sit and stomp your feet in upset rage as the size 20 dont fit- starvation diet here i come! Then there is the price! Everything costs more for a fatty, i understand that maybe we use more cloth and all that, but then at least we use the whole cloth and none of it is being snipped off and thrown away to fit around our dainty little waists, so really shouldnt the skinny's be paying more? for there downright waste of material? But i have to say my all time favourite annoyance is fashion! Now i believe that no matter what your size you can look attractive and pretty if you dress appropiately, but fashion designers seem to think that if something looks good on a size 6 model they will just expand the material and make exactly the same thing for a size 20. Thats when the problems occur, you have large ladies squeezing into boob tubes and mini skirts simply because the shop makes them in their size. Why cant we have different designs completely? That way we wont have people walking round with bellies hanging out instead we have people dressed lovely, elegantly regardless of what their size tag says.
Another con i have found is chairs! Especially in first schools, you know the one my 4 year old son is supposed to sit on is also the one im supposed to get both my arse cheeks on. Now admitedly this doesnt happen all that often, but parents evening can be a nightmare, as i try to make out its in my religion to sit on the floor rather than face the chair, or hover rather uncertainly over it so it looks like i am sitting but actually im just avoiding the full force of my weight from snapping that precarious plastic. Then there is concert time, now as you would expect in a first school there are many more students to teachers so the small chairs outweigh the normal chairs rather significantly. So everytime there is a concert or play you have about two rows of normal chairs then the rest of the hall is filled with the dreaded little chairs. Therefore i always have to go extremely early to these things so as to guarentee me a normal chair! See the things us 'overgrowners' go through!
But right now my biggest con is saggy bits, we all have them im sure but add a few pounds (ok a lot) and then saggy bits just get more and more south as age and gravity takes its toll. Clothed this isnt so bad, i can tuck at least one of my three bellies into my pants, my knockers are confined to a hammock sold to me as a bra and my bingo wings are encased in a cardigan. But strip for a bath and it all hangs out! Once i was getting in the bath when i felt a sharp pain in my boob, i panicked for a moment until i realised i had just stood on my nipple. Shaving my armpits i have to lift my boob under my chins hold it tight so it doesnt fall into the said armpit and then i can shave away, and as for my belly button i would have it pierced if i could just find it! The things we have to face hey! but no more i was so strict yesterday and i intend to carry it on today and for the foreseeable future after all i have a precious few days to get into them work trousers! untill tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment